E-cast: Mobile Device Trends in the Internet of Things
In the Internet of Things, there's no such thing as a mobile device that operates in isolation. And yet, mobile devices and apps are often marketed, sold, and bought as if they're independent products. Manufacturers and consumers alike need to think l...
E-cast: Leveraging the Range of Sub-1 GHz Technology to Connect Ultra-Low Power Sensors to the Cloud
There are so many wireless technologies one could use to connect sensor networks to the cloud. It becomes much more difficult to connect these networks to the cloud when you need longer range than just a few 10s of meters or in the use case where netw...
E-cast: Many Faces of IoT Connectivity and How to Deal With Them - IoT Panel Discussion
IoT encompasses a wide range of embedded, network, and cloud systems where the value is unlocked by the data gathered from sensor and edge devices that can be used by gateways, cloud applications, and analytics to drive significant value. However, com...
E-cast: IoT Overview and the Major Issues - Class 1 of "Device Management 101"
In this lead-off class, we will briefly review the principles of the IoT and some of the basic configurations that we may encounter (star with gateway, tree, and mesh). We will look at the major issues we face as these networks become more complex, in...
E-cast: Monitoring and Securing IoT Data and Communications - Class 2 of "Device Management 101"
In our second class, we will begin at the heart of the Internet of Things - the sending and receiving of data. Whether it is collecting a simple room temperature reading or capturing a video frame for analysis, the IoT enables us to collect huge amoun...
E-cast: IoT Device Management - Class 3 of "Device Management 101"
In our final class, we will look at the "Things" of the IoT - our nodes and devices - and how we can effectively commission, monitor, and detect problems in them throughout their lifecycle. We will look at methods for adding device management capabili...
- Hardware agnostic IoT solution takes customization to the next level
- Floored: CES 2017 recap
- PODCAST: CES 2017 highlights from the Embedded/IoT Experts
- CES 2017: From competition to coopetition – Standards groups work toward unifying IoT with dotdot
- CES 2017: Localized driverless car functions ride on EB software, automotive cybersec fights back in Argus collaboration
- CES 2017: Bosch XDK turns sensors into solutions
- CES 2017: BlackBerry QNX SDP 7.0 drives safety-critical automotive ECU consolidation forward
- CES 2017: V2X envelops CES with help from AT&T, Delphi, Savari
- IoT drives the intelligent energy storage systems market
- CES 2017: Bluetooth 5 and electric vehicle charging coming to T.I. designers
- CES 2017: MediaTek, Skyworks Solutions mobile history examples of why IoT and advanced automotive will work
- MIPI Alliance Releases MIPI I3C Sensor Interface Specification
- Meeami Technologies, together with Qualcomm Technologies and XMOS, Enable Enhanced Voice Recognition for Amazon Alexa Voice Services (AVS) and Internet of Things (IoT) Applications
- Bridgetek Brings Us Closer to Smarter Living
- PCE Instruments currently developing wireless 5-channel data logger
- The Kudelski Group Launches IoT Security Center of Excellence to Address Demand for Increased Protection of Connected Devices